Thursday, August 07, 2008

an element

it is currently thunderstorming outside, and the sound is heavenly.
i have opened the two windows that will not allow water inside.
i stood outside a few minutes ago watching the piercing elements clash together and the temptation was too great.
wearing my bathing suit, i was very aware of my premeditated choice.
i stepped into the rain and just let the raindrops soak my body.
i felt wonderfully juvenile and adventurous.
my what the long absence of rain can do to a person.
i smiled, closed my eyes, and looked up.
air never smelled better.
i have not done that in years.
several minutes later i decided by the sound of thunder and the excessive lightning that my fun better turn indoors.
now i have focused my cliche enjoyment upon enya and red wine.
it could rain for days and my mind would effortlessly be at ease.
this night is naturally spectacular.

2 comments:

sophie said...

As you were parading around in your bathing suit, I was marching through a flooded parking lot. I wish I could have been with you. :)

Steph said...

thunderingstorming in south carolina too...was hoping for a hurricane, but this will do! Shows what we desert people see as important and life-giving, eh?